Top St. Louis Hotels for Fitness Minded Travelers:
Often times, traveling can make your fitness routine go into retirement but it doesn’t have to be that way. Surround yourself with opportunities to stay fit and you’ll be surprised what you can do.
Many hotels will advertise a “fitness facility” which often turns out to be a used treadmill in an old hotel room that the hotel has generously added a wall length mirror too and if you’re lucky an old TV. But don’t be discouraged there are hotels out there that go beyond the expectation and provide their guests with a first class fitness experience.
Factor in Fitness wanted to help you seek out the top hotels for the fitness minded traveler. Here’s what we found for the St. Louis area:
1. Westin St. Louis – Between the full onsite fitness facility and the Runner’s World route maps available at the concierge’s desk, the Westin has you covered. Located just across from the ballpark, you’ll be inspired to take time out of your busy day and work on your fitness.
2. Sheraton Westport – With their indoor pools and complimentary access and transportation to Bally’s Total Fitness, you’ll have to get creative to find an excuse not to workout.
3. Hilton at the Ballpark – Hilton at the Ballpark is home to a state of the art hotel gym with upgraded cardio equipment and free weights. With all the options you’ll burn those extra calories in no time. LINK
4. Renaissance Grand Hotel – The Renaissance Grand Hotel has a great fitness facility as well as a lap pool available to travelers. If that doesn’t get you going, did we mention that it’s location makes it perfect for strolling the arch grounds. You can get your 10k a day in while seeing the sights.
5. Crown Plaza in Clayton – Equipped with new Life Fitness equipment and upgraded treadmills each equipped with their own LCD screens, you’ll feel like a modern marvel while your running and lifting your way to a new body. You’re also just blocks away from Shaw Park so you’ve got the option of going out and getting some fresh air.
6. Chase Park Plaza n the Central West End – We’re going to give the Chase a nod because they’re in the process of creating a state of the art fitness facility that could be ready as early as September. Hats off to the Chase for take the time to realize the importance of a good fitness experience.
7. Double Tree Hotel & Conference Center St. Louis – Last but not least, the Double Tree Hotel in Chesterfield. This hotel has it all when it comes to fitness. How many hotels do you know have a full size basketball court, racquetball courts, walking tracks, a pool and don’t forget the fitness facility. This place has it all and don’t forget about the kids. The double tree even has kid’s activities so you can keep everyone happy.